In this episode of Fearless Rebelle Radio, I chat with Vivienne McMaster – creator of Be Your Own Beloved, photographer and body image advocate – on how you can heal negative body image through selfies and choose compassion over critique in photos.
In this episode, we chat about:
- How Vivienne used photography to heal her body image and change her negative stories
- How long it took Vivienne to start to see her body in a loving way through photography
- What it really feels like to “love your body” and why there isn’t a “self-love” party at the end of it
- Selfies are so much more than arm’s length photos
- How to start seeing your photos through a loving and compassionate lens
- What to do if you typically avoid photos or find them triggering
- How to begin to love pieces of you where you normally direct hate
- Are we really so much more than a body?
- Simple ways for you to start embracing what you see in the photo and use selfies as a tool of healing on your body image journey
- How to overcome fear around taking selfies and why they are not narcissistic
- Plus so much more!
Limitless Love – Vivienne’s post on why there is no limit to our enoughness
Connect with Vivienne:
Don’t forget, I’m on iTunes!!! You can be one of my kick-ass subscribers. Also, I would be SO GRATEFUL if you took 2 minutes to leave a review. Click on “Reviews and Ratings” and then “Click to Rate”.