Introducing the Body Image Coaching Mentorship Program with Summer Innanen
This 4-month group mentorship is for anti-diet/fat positive RD’s, nutritionists, IE counsellors, therapists, coaches and personal trainers to learn tools and frameworks so you can confidently help clients improve their body image.
Hi– I’m Summer Innanen, professionally trained coach through the internationally renowned Coaches Training Institute (CTI), specializing in body image, self-worth and confidence, and best-selling author of Body Image Remix.
I’ve also completed The Playing Big Facilitator’s Training by women’s leadership expert, Tara Mohr, where I mastered coaching techniques to help women overcome self-doubt and fear.
I left the corporate world to work full-time on my coaching business in 2012 and have since helped hundreds of people break free from societal expectations and live their lives beyond the scale.
I’ve spent years honing my craft and learning tools and frameworks to help clients change their relationship with their bodies. I love to teach other coaches how to make radical shifts with their clients and feel confident saying they help clients with body image.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…
You are a coach or professional with a strong anti-diet/fat positive message
and you want to learn more tools to support your clients with body image struggles.
You understand how important body image work is
when it comes to helping clients heal their relationship with food and their bodies, yet you don’t feel totally confident helping clients with these struggles.
You want to know exactly what tools to use to help clients with body image struggles,
such as when a client comes to you with: fear of weight gain, comparisons, fear of judgment, seeing a picture of themselves that sent them into a tailspin, intense moments of body shame and every other body image concern.
You want to be a more effective teacher and leader
by honing your skills to master an understanding of where body image comes from, what influences it and know how to help clients create fundamental shifts in their relationship with their body.
You know how powerful group containers can be
and are eager to learn alongside other peers in your field as we share experiences both personally and professionally to collectively become better leaders in the anti-diet and body liberation space.
You want to cultivate better client relationships
by taking things deeper, knowing when to push or pull-back and understanding how to best navigate the relationship between coach and client.
If you’re nodding your head, then the Body Image Coaching Mentorship is for you.
How it works:
Over the course of 4 months, we’ll meet for 8 x 90 minute sessions. You’ll learn new concepts and tools each week and see how they are put into practice. There will be lots of time for Q&A and demos.
You’ll also get access to monthly office hours where you can pop in and get help with any specific personal or client situations you’re experiencing.
The group will be small (max 8 people) to ensure you get time for questions and to be a volunteer for coaching demonstrations (yes, we’ll be doing this!).
The world needs more professionals like you and together we can rock this!
“Don’t hesitate for one moment! It’s a worthy investment of time and money and your confidence will skyrocket. Summer’s body image mentorship gave me the tools I needed to confidently market myself as a body confidence coach. The mentorship offers practical frameworks that help us to coach our clients while staying within our scope of practice. Summer is a gifted subject matter expert and I appreciated that I always felt comfortable asking her questions. I’m grateful to have more tools at my fingertips to support my clients as they navigate their most challenging body image concerns. ”- Michelle Viña-Baltsas (she/her)
Certified Intuitive Eating & Body Confidence Coach
“This mentorship gave me the confidence and the tools to say that, yes, I CAN help clients with increasing body image tolerance and resilience. Already my clients are starting to experience what it is to inhabit their lives from the inside of their bodies, rather than constantly viewing themselves from the outside. I’ve come away with a boatload of tools to help clients build body image resilience. Her in-session demos were invaluable in seeing how it all works! My advice is to DO IT…You’ll feel so much more confident in helping your clients navigate body image healing. ”Glenys Oyston (she/her) Registered Dietician Nutritionist, DareToNotDiet.com
Here’s What The Body Image Coaching Mentorship Program Includes
8 x 90 Minute Group Sessions
In these 8 interactive video sessions, you’ll learn the tools and frameworks to help your clients heal their relationship with their bodies, plus see live coaching demonstrations and have time for q&a. You’ll also receive the slides in advance so you don’t need to scramble to take notes throughout the session.
Recordings of the sessions
All of the sessions are recorded and sent out within 24 hours, so if you miss one or want to watch it again to take more notes, you can watch the replay.
Homework to practice between sessions
You’ll receive guidance on exactly what to practice with your clients in between our sessions so you can put the tools into practice and hone your skills.
Worksheets you can adapt to use for your clients
You’ll receive the worksheets I use with my clients to adapt and incorporate into your own practice.
BONUS: 4 x Office Hours Sessions
4 x 60 minute additional office hours sessions where you can get personalized support on client situations and get help putting the tools into practice.
“This mentorship gave me so many wonderful tools and helped build more confidence in my ability to help clients of all shapes and sizes with body image issues. Summer went above and beyond to help us with practice demos and provide extra tools even at the end based on each participant preferences and needs. She truly deserves a grand air guitar introduction and she definitely ROCKS! Run don’t walk the next time she presents this opportunity!”Marcia Dadds (she/her), MS, RDN
Clinical Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
WEEK BY WEEK
Week #1 – Coaching 101
– The difference between coaching and consulting and how I use a mix of both to help clients with body image,
– The importance of curiosity and questions to bring your client’s unique struggles and beliefs to the surface,
– Why it’s imperative to avoid assuming or “filling in the blanks” on your clients struggles,
– How to hold space for client’s feelings without gaslighting or invalidating their experiences,
– What body image work is not (i.e. positivity, loving their body, etc),
Week #2 – Creating the vision and setting the foundation
– How to create a vision for your clients so they have a blueprint of what they working towards to overcome fear of the unknown and hesitations around doing this work,
– Creating a measurement system to be able to track and celebrate client’s progress with the rather nebulous concept of body acceptance,
– The 4 fundamental changes to make to lay the foundation for self-compassion and body acceptance,
– Tools to address mirror checking (a hidden substitute for the scale).
Week #3 – Changing the internal dialogue from critical to compassionate
– Understanding the role of the inner critic and how that influences your client’s thoughts and behaviours around their body,
– How to notice the voice of the inner critic in your clients to help them discern who is really who’s in charge,
– The 5-step framework to help your clients notice, detach from and respond to their inner critic with an authentic voice of compassion,
– How to help your clients strengthen their voice of compassion, including 2 different visualizations to use,
– The importance of language and having clients change the words they use to describe their bodies,
– The 3 things to assess when your client’s inner critic is running rampant.
Week #4 – Uncovering and changing beliefs about bodies, health and more.
– Uncovering your clients beliefs about bodies, health and desirability – as it relates to the world and themselves,
– How to begin to challenge and change the beliefs they have in order to create a new belief system that aligns to who they want to be,
– Reframes and perspective shifts to address any fears and resistance that comes up with your clients around doing body image work,
– Helping your clients mourn the loss of their ideal body while also helping them feel into the hope and potential of letting this go.
Week #5 – Tools to help clients be more neutral with their bodies
– The importance of moving clients out of their heads and into their bodies to process emotions so they’re not stuck spiralling in negative chatter,
– How to help your clients move towards a place of neutrality with their body starting with touch and working towards using the mirror,
– How photos can be a tool for healing and normalizing our client’s appearance – where to begin and how to use them to process deeper emotions and strengthen compassionate self-talk.
Week #6 – Overcoming judgments and comparisons
– Helping your clients uncover the root of their fear of judgment and comparisons,
– How to help your clients connect with who they are and prioritize this over how they look,
– How to set boundaries and respond to criticisms or judgments,
– Visualizations to help clients in situations where fear of judgment or comparisons prevents them from showing up or being comfortable,
– 6-step process for working through comparisons,
– How to help your clients build confidence in a way that makes them feel empowered,
– 3 perspective shifts to help your clients overcome fear.
Week #7 – How self-care supports self-worth
– How to help clients redefine self-care in an easy way that makes it totally doable for them,
– Why lack of self-care has a direct influence on how we feel about our bodies,
– The 2 main roadblocks that get in the way of clients prioritizing their needs,
– 4 myths about mainstream self-care that prevent clients from doing it consistently,
– Helping your clients create a (doable and) robust self-care plan that supports emotional and mental well-being.
Week #8 – Values, working through body shame and integration
– Why body shame can be a way to displace other emotions and how to help your clients identify this within themselves,
– A 6-step process to help your clients work through moments of body shame,
– When to use all the tools and how to integrate them into your sessions (including a worksheet summary that past participants called “amazing” and “super helpful”),
– Worksheets you can adapt to give your clients for homework between sessions,
– How to help your clients identify their values and the things that truly bring them fulfillment,
– Wrap up and final integration.
READY TO JOIN THE BODY IMAGE COACHING MENTORSHIP PROGRAM?
The next cohort begins in Feb/March 2022. Click the button below to put your name on the waitlist to be notified before enrollment opens to the public.
Your investment is $1950
or 4 monthly payments of $487.50.
*To bring more marginalized folx into this work – BIPOC, disabled and transgender folx who experience financial hardship will receive a partial scholarship for the program (spots limited). If this applies to you, please contact email@example.com for details.
“This mentorship provided me with so many amazing tools and strategies that I now feel much more confident working with my clients on developing their body acceptance and resiliency skills. My favorite parts of the programme were definitely the more experiential/interactive exercises which were demonstrated in the live sessions in the programme. I’d highly recommend this Mentorship to anyone wanting to improve their competency in this area, Summer has so much knowledge and expertise and makes it a really fun learning experience. It affirmed my belief that most of this stuff isn’t actually about our body and I love that she addressed this so deeply.”Gillian McCollum (she/her), Anti-Diet Food and Body Freedom Coach GillianMccollum.com
Need more details? Read the FAQ
to help you decide if this Mentorship is right for you
“I would highly recommend this mentorship with Summer to any Intuitive Eating professionals who feel confident in their work supporting people with food challenges, but want to build their skills and expertise in body image coaching. It has equipped me with tools and materials to confidently support my clients, while deepening my foundational understanding about where these issues stem from and how they impact us. What I enjoyed most about this was the small, interactive group sessions, so we could connect with others, ask questions, observe demos and get plenty of personalized attention!”Bridget Shannon (she/her)
Intuitive Eating Coach, Co-Founder of Wellness Lately
“This mentorship gave me a sharper tools, a deeper understanding and practical resources to use with my clients. What I enjoyed most about this was the camaraderie and support of the group, and the opportunity to observe live coaching in real time.”Dana Baron (she/her)
Intuitive Eating Coach, Co-Founder of Wellness Lately