In this episode of Fearless Rebelle Radio, I chat with Kelsey Miller – Creator of The Anti-Diet Project at Refinery29 and Author of Big Girl – on her journey out of disordered eating, what she learned about herself from giving up dieting and how she moved from the role of sidekick to leading lady in her life.
In this episode, we chat about:
- How Kelsey’s first extreme diet at the age of 11 planted the seed and kept her hooked on “the manic power of skinny” for years
- How the pattern of being in the “zone” of a new diet followed by periods of crushing shame kept her trapped in the dieting cycle for years
- The influence of Kelsey’s mom on her relationship with food and her body
- The point when Kelsey realized she was done with dieting and self-loathing and ready to choose living
- What it was like to become an intuitive eater
- The real issue that was at the heart of Kelsey’s disordered relationship with food and how this impacted the rest of her life
- How she stopped playing the sidekick and took the leading lady role in her life
- What Kelsey’s imperfect relationship with her body is like now
- Plus so much more!
Show Notes – Buy Kelsey’s Book:
Connect with Kelsey:
Don’t forget, I’m on iTunes!!! You can be one of my kick-ass subscribers. Also, I would be SO GRATEFUL if you took 2 minutes to leave a review. Click on “Reviews and Ratings” and then “Click to Rate”.