In this fantastic episode of Fearless Rebelle Radio, my friend Kaila Prins – health coach, blogger, tweeter, podcaster – talks openly about her journey with an eating disorder and why choosing discovery not recovery is what helped her love the heck out of life, plus so much more!
In this episode, we chat about:
- Kaila’s journey from runner to clean eating body builder to vegan yogi to anorexic and back again and how she overcame her identity crisis to live the life she had desired all along
- What it means to choose discovery not recovery to regain emotional health
- Why our quest for validation prevents us from stepping into our own identity
- How to discover a life and identity beyond food and fitness
- How to change your mindset to eat what you want while managing food sensitivities
- Why this idea that Paleo will make you ‘effortlessly lean’ is drives many women (and men!) into an unhealthy obsession with food
- Why telling your story can sometimes be dangerous to our healing
- PLUS SO much more…
- Kaila’s blog post on #discoveryNOTrecovery
- My interview on Kaila’s podcast Finding Our Hunger (Ep. 55)
- Kaila’s Body Image Report
- Play Kaila’s Gratitude MadLibs
Connect with Kaila here:
Listen below, download it here or grab it from iTunes.
Don’t forget, I’m on iTunes!!! You can be one of my kick-ass subscribers. Also, I would be SO GRATEFUL if you took 2 minutes to leave a review. Click on “Reviews and Ratings” and then “Click to Rate”.