In this episode of Fearless Rebelle Radio, I chat with Ragen Chastain – author, speaker, activist and internationally recognized thought-leader on self-esteem, body image and HAES – on size stigma, HAES, why every body deserves respect, her experiences training for an Ironman and SO much more.
In this episode, we chat about:
- How Ragen went from having an eating disorder to becoming a fat activist
- How her research led her to Health At Every Size and then size acceptance
- The research on dieting and weight loss and why health habits are the best way to get a healthy body
- The experience that made her to realize the oppression against fat people and how this was the catalyst for her activism
- The role of fat stigma on women’s body image
- If you have issues with your body, it can be you and your body against that problem—not you against your body
- Why your life wouldn’t be better if you were thinner—your life would be better if you lived in a world that didn’t stigmatize fat and why changing the world is the solution
- Is it really possible to be happy, sexy and successful at any size?
- The good fatty/bad fatty dichotomy – what is is and how she navigates it being a athlete and activist
- How she handles the trolls and stays determined against the negativity
- All about her experience with her Ironman training
- Plus so much more!
Ragen’s book, Fat: The Owner’s Manual
Connect with Ragen:
Or email her email@example.com
Don’t forget, I’m on iTunes!!! You can be one of my kick-ass subscribers. Also, I would be SO GRATEFUL if you took 2 minutes to leave a review. Click on “Reviews and Ratings” and then “Click to Rate”.