In this episode of Fearless Rebelle Radio, I interview Nyk Danu – yoga and meditation teacher – on how she’s making yoga accessible for all bodies, how yoga and meditation can help improve your body image and how to change the negative thoughts in your head.
In this episode, we chat about:
- On her journey from child model to body builder to body positive yoga instructor
- How her personal experience with body changes prompted her mission to make yoga accessible for all bodies
- How she came to a place of self-acceptance and focused on her health instead of her weight
- The one thing you can do to change the negative thoughts in your head
- The importance of questioning the messages we receive in order to bring awareness to where our thoughts come from
- How the mainstream yoga industry does a disservice to body positivity
- Why if you think yoga is not for you, you’re wrong and how you can get into it
- Meditation for crazy people like me
- Why it’s normal to not be able to stop your thoughts when you meditate!
- Why getting in touch with your “witnessing consciousness” can help you become more compassionate
- How the yoga industry can change to be more inclusive and how you can get involved
- Why iyengar yoga might be a good place to start
- Plus so much more!
Connect with Nyk:
Don’t forget, I’m on iTunes!!! You can be one of my kick-ass subscribers. Also, I would be SO GRATEFUL if you took 2 minutes to leave a review. Click on “Reviews and Ratings” and then “Click to Rate”.