Guess what?!?! It’s the first male guest on Fearless Rebelle Radio! I interview Shawn Stevenson – bestselling author, speaker and host of The Model Health Show – on both men’s and women’s body image issues. His perspective is incredible – you don’t want to miss this episode!
In this episode, we chat about:
- Shawn’s incredible story of recovering from a degenerative spine disease through food, movement, sleep and love
- The doctrine of signatures as a template to finding foods to support and rebuild various aspects of ourselves
- How we all have a female template and that when we become disconnected from this it reduces our compassion and well-being
- The issues that men struggle with when it comes to body image and why this sources from comparison
- How male representation in the media has evolved and become more unrealistic over the past decades
- Is it more socially acceptable for men to have disordered eating behaviours?
- Why the primal part of men’s brains makes them desire women who appear more fertile – in other words, women with extra body fat
- In other cultures being thicker is celebrated
- There is nothing more attractive than valuing your uniqueness and owning your divine feminine
- Why body fat is critical to proper hormonal function for women and why this is a broad and individual range for each woman
- Why listening to your inner guiding system is the most important thing
- How you can take action and live a life full of joy and self-love
- PLUS SO much more…
- Shawn’s Sleep Smarter book
- The Model Health Show (Shawn’s podcast)
- Shawn’s interview on Maddy Moon’s podcast
- Amy Schumer’s ‘Compliments’ video
Connect with Shawn here:
Listen below, download it here or grab it from iTunes.
Don’t forget, I’m on iTunes!!! You can be one of my kick-ass subscribers. Also, I would be SO GRATEFUL if you took 2 minutes to leave a review. Click on “Reviews and Ratings” and then “Click to Rate”.