In this episode of Fearless Rebelle Radio, I chat with Michelle Elman – Board Certified Life Coach and creator of the Scarred Not Scared campaign – on her story of having gone through 15 surgeries before the age of 20, the problem with “healthy is the new skinny” and why health is not always a choice.
In this episode, we chat about:
- Michelle’s relationship to her body over the years having gone through various surgeries that left scars and how she learned to embrace her scars
- How her experience with survivor’s guilt created shame and how sharing her story helped her heal
- The importance of speaking about our stories to relieve shame
- How to get comfortable and accept a changing body
- Why body positivity is not necessarily what the mainstream makes it out to be
- Why health is not always a choice and the problem with promoting “healthy as the new skinny”
- What beautiful means and how Michelle’s perception of this has evolved over the years
- How we can make the body positive movement more inclusive
- Plus so much more!
Connect with Michelle:
Don’t forget, I’m on iTunes!!! You can be one of my kick-ass subscribers. Also, I would be SO GRATEFUL if you took 2 minutes to leave a review. Click on “Reviews and Ratings” and then “Click to Rate”.