READ THIS FIRST:
Oh hey there! You probably found this site and recipe because you’re doing Paleo or a Whole30 and you wanted a recipe.
Dieting (and Paleo in particular) actually made me crazy and I had a really messed up relationship with food when I originally posted this recipe. I now specialize in helping women just like you to break free of the shackles of dieting and feel amazing in the body you have today (not the one you wish you had).
I keep this recipe here because I know when I was in the depths of my food obsession, I was spending more time on meal prep than actually living my life. I broke up with Paleo a long time ago and it helped me find the freedom I was seeking all along. You may find this post helpful (the #1 reason you’re not losing weight on Paleo) or check out my full story and how I help women here>>>
And if you just want the recipe, here it is…
Turkey Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients (makes 8 muffins):
– 1 Lb ground turkey (or chicken)
– 1 pint of blueberries (about 1 Cup)
– 3 sage leaves – finely chopped or 1 tsp dried
– 3 thyme sprigs – leaves finely chopped or 1 tsp dried
– 1/2 onion – finely diced
– 1/4 Cup coconut flour – sifted
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 2 eggs
– 1/3 Cup coconut milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 375.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the coconut milk. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
3. Add the coconut milk and mix thoroughly. The consistency should be similar to a meatloaf or a little more liquid-y than a burger mix. If the mix is too dry, add more coconut milk. If the mix is too wet, add more coconut flour (slowly!).
4. Distribute the meat-mix (about 1/4 Cup per muffin) into non-stick muffin tins (I like the non-bleached muffin liners). If they are not non-stick, simply coat them with some coconut oil (put some on a paper towel and rub it around the sides).
5. Bake in the oven for ~25 minutes or until they are cooked through.
Turkey Blueberry Patties
Ingredients (makes 8 patties):
– 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken)
– 1/2 pack of blueberries (about 3/4 Cup)
– 3 Sage leaves – finely chopped
– 3 Thyme sprigs – leaves finely chopped
– 2 shallots (or 1/4 onion) – finely chopped
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1 egg yolk (omit if you cannot eat eggs)
– 1 Tbsp of coconut oil or ghee/butter
1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the coconut oil/ghee/butter. Mix together well with your hands and form 8 patties.
2. In a non-stick skillet, heat coconut oil/ghee/butter to a medium-high heat.
3. When it gets HOT, add the patties to the pan.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. They are done when you press down on the middle and it feels firm.
I dare you not to love these. Seriously, if you don’t like them I want to know…no one has ever told me that they don’t love them.