In this episode of Fearless Rebelle Radio, I interview Alen Standish – writer and podcaster – on how he overcame 15-20 years of binge eating and poor self-image to be a full time imperfectionist.
In this episode, we chat about:
- How Alen overcame 15-20 years of binge eating and poor self-image
- The role that perfectionism and shame played in his binge eating
- His experience overcoming body image issues as a man and issues normally associated with women
- How body image issues manifest differently in men
- Why his relationship with food was never about the food and the specific tools that helped him get to the root of the issue
- The role of meditation in Alen’s recovery
- Letting go of your “give a damn” to stop allowing other people’s perceptions rule your actions
- The specific things you can do to end your war with perfectionism
- All about Alen’s new podcast Inner Effort and how this platform will share people’s tactics on how they overcame various emotional struggles
- PLUS SO much more…
Connect with Alen here:
Don’t forget, I’m on iTunes!!! You can be one of my kick-ass subscribers. Also, I would be SO GRATEFUL if you took 2 minutes to leave a review. Click on “Reviews and Ratings” and then “Click to Rate”.